Friday, April 1, 2011

Booty: Pirate Dog

I need to dash to an appointment in fifteen minutes so I’ll keep this short (kind of like the little fella Triple P features today).

A friend sent me the above picture and indicated that crewman Canine was spotted on the sidewalk side during Mardi Gras last month. Given that this weekend wraps up NOLA Pyrate Week 2011, he seemed like an appropriate salute. Hopefully, he turned up around the various piratical goings on this week, too.

Happy Friday, Brethren and go easy on the April Fools shenanigans; you never know what might come back to bite ye.

6 comments:

Capt. John Swallow said...

Thank ye for the shout, m'dear - we've been thinkin' of ye during NOLA Pyrate Week! Don't think we saw that particular seadog, but there were many folks in the parade...our best to date! (video will be forthcoming in the following weeks)

BTW, found a book at the Borders closing sale ye may be interested in (or knowing yer tastes, already have):
Harbours & High Seas - An Atlas & Geographical Guide the the Complete Aubrey-Maturin Novels of Patrick O'Brian (by Dean King w. John B. Hattendorf)...descriptions o' every port, charts o' the voyages...very useful reference even if ye've not read all the aforementioned books!

Pauline said...

Ahoy, Captain! My pleasure as always. I'll look forward to seeing what I've been missing, although a bit of my heart is always in NOLA as ye know.

What a wonderful tome that does sound like. I'll keep my good eye out for it around here; thankee indeed for the recommendation.

I'll also host a tankard to you and the crew down Pirates' Alley tonight. Swift home on fair winds, my friend.

Timmy! said...

Ahoy, Pauline! Now, THAT's a piratical pup! I'll try to go easy on the April Fools shenanigans too...

But I just like saying shenanigans, Pirate Queen.

Pauline said...

Ahoy, Timmy! Here's what would wrap it all up with a bow: if that dog's name was Shenanigans!

Keith said...

That is one incredible looking dog! I hope all that makes it feel as though it has a greater purpose in life. A real sea dog.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com/

Pauline said...

Ahoy Le Loup and I agree! Unlike my Saint this little pirate may have a bit to prove and, I think, he has too.

Sometimes it's not the size of the pirate in the fight... but we know the rest.